Volume 3 - From The Weald To Stanmore
R S Brown, 1976
pages 17, 18 and 19
Having completed our narrative about the Davis Estate, we can follow on quite naturally with coverage of Belmont Circle, the two areas being linked together with the one-time Belmont railway bridge. There is mention in a later narrative about Old Church Lane that Mr Frederick Gordon financed the building of the railway branch line from Harrow and Wealdstone station to Stanmore (known locally as 'The Rattler') which was opened in 1890. The permanent way passed near to Belmont and a bridge was built over the line to facilitate the passage of traffic travelling along Kenton Lane.